A. The purchase of a student’s kit is non-refundable after three (3) business days after starting classes.
B. Any sums paid to William Edge Institute herein shall be subject to the following refund policy:
- If a student of, in the case of a student under legal age, his/her parent or guardian cancels his/her enrollment and demands his/her money back in writing within three (3) business days of signing this contract, all monies collected by William Edge Institute shall be refunded. The cancellation date will be determined by the postmark on written notification or the date said written notification is delivered to the Admissions Director or owner in person. This policy applies regardless of whether the student has started training. Refunds are made within 30 days of written cancellation or termination.
- If a student cancels his/her enrollment after three (3) business days after signing but prior to entering class, he/she will be entitled to a refund of all monies paid to William Edge Institute less the registration fee of $100 within 30 days.
- An applicant not accepted by William Edge Institute shall be entitled to a refund of all monies paid.
- For all students that have Title IV funds, the “Treatment of Title IV Funds When a Student Withdraws from a Clock-Hour Program” forms will be completed and applied as per Department of Education Rules and Regulations. The School Refund Policy will also be figured and Student may be charged any difference owed. Title IV funds may not be used to pay any additional charges owed, due to School Refund Policy.
- For students who enroll and begin classes, the following schedule of tuition adjustment is authorized.
Percentage of Enrollment Time
to Total Time of Course
.01% to .02%
.03% to .06%
.07% to 25%
25.1% to 50%
50.1% and over
Amount of Total Tuition
Owed to the Institute
- Enrollment is defined as the time elapsed between the actual starting date and the date of the students last day of physical attendance and is computed on the basis of course time expressed in scheduled hours, as specified by the enrollment agreement. Any monies due the applicant or student shall be refunded within thirty (30) days of formal cancellation by the student as defined in item 1, or formal termination by the school, which shall occur no more than thirty (30) days from the last day of physical attendance, or in the case of a leave of absence, the documented date of return.
- If tuition is not refunded within this period, the school shall pay interest on the amount of the refund for the period beginning the first day after the date the refund period expires and ending the day preceding the date the refund is made. The commissioner of education shall annually set the interest rate at a rate sufficient to deter a school from retaining money paid by a student. The department may exempt a school from the payment of interest if the school makes a good faith effort to refund the tuition but is unable to locate the student. The school shall provide to the department, on request, documentation of the effort to locate the student.
- In case of illness or disabling accidents, death in the immediate family, or other circumstances beyond the control of the student, the school will make a settlement reasonable and fair to both.
- When a student request a transfer to another school, no charge will be assessed for the transfer.
- If the school is permanently closed after the student has enrolled, the student shall be entitled a pro-rated tuition refund. In the event the school is unable to provide this refund the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation tuition protection fund will be in effect.
- If a course is canceled subsequent to a student’s enrollment, William Edge Institute shall provide a full refund of all monies paid.
- If a student does not notify the William Edge Institute that they are withdrawing, formal termination shall be based on 10 days or 2 weeks of consecutive non-attendance of classes.
- A student on an approved leave of absence notifies the school that he or she will not be returning. The date of withdrawal determination shall be the earlier of the scheduled date of return from the leave of absence or the date the student notifies the institution that the student will not be returning.
Note: If a refund of Title IV money is due, money will first be put back into the Federal Fund Account for the Pell Program. If funds remain after all Title IV obligations have been met, funds will be returned to the student or the lender if applicable.