Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Reporting for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
In accordance with the reporting guidelines established by the Department of Education’s Office of Postsecondary Education, with respect to Section 18004 of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) and the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students, William Edge Institute submits the following information:
- William Edge Institute acknowledges it has signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and assures it has used no less than 50% of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid grants to students.
- William Edge Institute received $22,022.00 on May 18, 2020 for OPEID # 00849800
- William Edge Institute has made available and is distributing a total amount of $22,022.00 to students in 2 disbursements. The first on June 2, 2020 and the second on July 1, 2020.
- There are 27 students eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus are eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004 (a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004 (a)(1) of the CARES Act is 27.
- The methodology used by our institution to determine which students received the Emergency Financial Aid Grants was for any student meeting the criteria set forth by the Department of Education and a current student that was enrolled prior to starting Temporary Distance Learning (April 1, 2020) and not a graduate or a drop on the date checks were issued. The funds were then distributed based on curriculum. For the first disbursement on June 2, 2020, Cosmetology students received $429.42 and Manicure students received $286.28.
- William Edge Institute students should contact the Director for determinations on the student’s eligibility to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and detailed guidance on how to claim their grant funds.